Tuesday 6 May 2014

Will I ever get the garden back

Yet another long bank holiday weekend wasted.  Typical isn't it, long weekends in the UK are famous for their rain, the two so far this year have both been lovely and I haven't been able to use the garden.  The last few weeks of a build are always the worst, you can see the end is in sight, and so everything seems to drag. 

There is so much that needs doing: the ground needs digging, the banks need building, the paths need laying, the indoor plants need putting out, and the outside plants need planting. With the sun the plants are looking good and really into growth early this year.


Two plants are doing their best to cheer me up.  Firstly my large agave montana.  I can't look at this plant without grinning it is everything I love in agaves


The other plant making me smile today is the eremurus stenophyllus. Looking at it this evening and noticed no one but two flowers! I love their flowers, which will develop through the summer.


Still tiny at the moment, but they remind me there is the whole summer to go, and I will get the garden back at some point.

4 comments:

  1. What a horrible feeling, wanting to get out there and get started but being held back, be it by the weather or construction. There is a whole Sumer to go and hopefully a long one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thought of having the whole summer ahead is all that keeps me going.

      Delete
  2. That is indeed a beautiful montana.

    Remodeling is a trial--maybe you need to do more plant shopping while you wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, just had a very enjoyable weekend of plant shopping, posts to follow.

      Delete