Monday 19 May 2014

The cacti are back

Many of my cacti flower early and this year has been particularly good. Last years star shows signs of being even better this year.  I must try and dig out a name for it.


I seem to remember that last year the colour got stronger as they opened. It is also good as the flowers last for almost a week, instead of a day or so.


The next one is a first for me, oroya peruviana, delicate waxy flowers on this one. 


Then the mass of flowers which are the rebutias, this one is rebutia x aylostera


The only problem with rebutias is that while they always flower well, sadly the flowers don't last long, only a day or so, so there is a short period when they look this good.

It is good to be out in the green house again.

2 comments:

  1. Nice flowers. I have found flowering early this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything in UK is early this year. Apparently has caused chaos at Chelsea flower show.

      Delete