Thursday 9 May 2013

It survived

As if winters weren't worrying enough, the first one for each plant seems ten times worse. You have done your research and got your plan on how to get it through. Then it is just a waiting game.  The worst plants are those that loose their leaves or vanish underground and it is not until they re-appear that you know if they survived or not.

My biggest concern this year was my little pachypodium brevicaule (You can find a picture of what it will eventually look at at the bottom of this previous post). It seemed healthy enough, but without any leaves it is impossible to tell. They are also suppose to be one of the harder varieties to keep. Then this weekend the first leaves appeared.


Spectacular isn't it. I'm not sure if it's funny or sad that something so small can cause such concern. At least I can now relax for 6 months, and next winter will be easier now I know the winter storage works.

4 comments:

  1. I have never seen anything like this!. I am so jealous that you are lucky to have this... and yes, I can understand your concern... Glad it made its way back.Anyway, have u figured out the name to that other gorgeous cactus you posted??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added a link to what it will look like into the entry above. It is great isn't it.

      Yes I found the name of the cactus and added it to the original entry.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful that it survived! Plant people understand your concern and excitement!

    ReplyDelete