Wednesday 23 February 2011

A Japenese teaser

Having read a friends post on some rather lovely Japanese pottery, I went in search of some photos of a trip to Japan a few years back.  I loved Japan, it was unlike anywhere else I had every been in almost every respect.  Sadly my camera did not like it,  maybe it was a bit embarrassed about not being state of the art and only 3 of the photos are presentable.

The main part of the trip was in Kobe, but we had a chance to spend a few days in Kyoto visiting all the temples.  On one day we drove out to visit a temple outside the city and it was so calm with giant tres, ferns and moss covered stones



At the top there was a lovely little fountain.


This was where all the buildings were, with a very minamalist gravel garden.


I wish I had more photos to share, I guess I am just going to have to return to take some.

2 comments:

  1. Well these photos are ace - I'm sure your others are just as good. It's really beautiful isn't it? I love the very considered use of the surroundings as borrowed scenery, incorporated in the gardens in a way that we seem less good at elsewhere. You should def go back, is Titchy keen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No they are really not. Bleached out, out of focus or just off center (and not in a good creative way)! I think Titchy would visit Japan, I am sure she would find all the textile stuff amazing.

    ReplyDelete