Monday 22 November 2010

Back to where it started

There seems to be a theme at the moment that plants I don't want to flower do and plants that I want to keep small grow.  I got this aeonium bronze medal when it was a single headed cutting.  This was it in 2008.


In 2009 it branched to produce a lovely little bushy plant. I was very pleased with the way it had grown and how it had stayed compact. One of the problems with aeomiums is that many can get leggy and constantly need to be cut up to keep them under control.  This is it at the end end of 2009


I'm not sure if it was winter growth or the wet summer but it lost the nice compact look and is becoming a bit leggy. Here is is a couple of weeks back as I was packing things away.


I am now thinking of cutting it up to start again to get that nice compact look back.  My OH is always torn when I cut things up; at first she thinks one less large plant.  But then it dawns on her that I may not get rid of all the spares and she may be stuck with several plants instead of just one. As if I would use it as an opportunity to get a few spares!

1 comment:

  1. I would watch out Oxslip, I think she now expects you to take a box of plants away with you each time you visit.

    ReplyDelete